Miles of Music Camp No-Strings-Attached Musician Scholarship
Criteria to apply:
- You must be a first-time Miles of Music Camper (sorry to all you returning campers… we’ve gotta spread the love around).
- Demonstration of interest, financial need and musical promise. (this is a no-strings-attached musician scholarship!! regular work/trade discounts are a totally different thing and we’ve got a wait list running for that).
- Applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, mentor or colleague.
- Connection to the New York or Boston areas preferred but not necessary.
- You may be at any age and at any point in your career. Any instrument in any style.
We’re proud of our program and we know that musicians of all levels can get a lot out of the experience. But professional musicians and music students are often strapped for cash and it would be a big splurge to come on this sort of artistic retreat. That’s why this scholarship exists. What we’re looking for is someone who has fairly serious approach to their own music and and who would relish the opportunity to spend a week focusing on your art without distraction from real life or other camp work/trade jobs.
Sample questions from application (again, you must email to request the official scholarship application):
1. Tell us a little about your involvement with music:
2. What intrigues you about Miles of Music Camp?
3. What are you most inspired to learn at camp? Please check out our web site, read the instructor bios & sample schedule and answer as specifically as possible in terms of what you would like to get out of the experience:
4. Briefly describe your financial situation and your reason for requesting financial aid.